Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to add non-standard tax amount to invoice line?

By
Lawrence
on 8/30/13, 9:27 AM 2,636 views

Hello,

We receive invoices from a shipping company which contain an invoice line relating to import VAT. This means that the VAT amount is not a fixed percentage of the invoice.

What is the best way to enter this onto the supplier invoice? I have tried setting up a product which is named "VAT" and has a 100% tax rate applied to it, but this still needs a base amount added for it to compute the tax.

A method which works for now (but is fiddly) is to manually edit the details under "tax description" after entering the product line and then save (but being sure not to click "update" as this then recalculates the amount).

Thanks for any help!

Lawrence

I would really like to know this too! So I have upvoted your question.

Kobalt, Geert Janssens
on 9/9/13, 10:46 AM

I found a solution so have now answered the question, I hope it helps!

Lawrence
on 9/9/13, 3:54 PM
Lawrence
On 9/9/13, 3:53 PM

One method to add Import tax as its own invoice line is to carry out the following:

1) Set up a tax which is 100%. One way to do this is to choose tax type "Python Code" and then enter:

Python Code

# price_unit
# product: product.product object or None
# partner: res.partner object or None

result = price_unit

Python Code (reverse)

# price_unit
# product: product.product object or False

result = price_unit

Also, tick the "tax included in price" field.

Then complete the "Invoices Tax Account", "Account Base Code" and "Account Tax Code" as per your standard VAT tax code.

2) Create a product called "Import VAT", and define it as a service. Make it so the product can only be purchased by checking/ un-checking the options.

3) Set the cost price and sales price to 1.

4) Under the Accounting tab edit the "Supplier Taxes" to be the 100% tax rate you set up in step 1.

5) Now when you create a Supplier Invoice you can select the "Import VAT" product as an invoice line, and manually modify the "Unit Price". The tax will correctly be calculated and will be logged against the tax boxes defined when you set up the tax code.

Great solution! Thanks!

Juan José Scarafía
on 12/18/14, 7:28 AM

Great solution! Thanks!

Juan José Scarafía
on 12/18/14, 7:28 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/30/13, 9:27 AM
Seen: 2636 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM