This question has been flagged
2 Replies

Hello,

We receive invoices from a shipping company which contain an invoice line relating to import VAT. This means that the VAT amount is not a fixed percentage of the invoice.

What is the best way to enter this onto the supplier invoice? I have tried setting up a product which is named "VAT" and has a 100% tax rate applied to it, but this still needs a base amount added for it to compute the tax.

A method which works for now (but is fiddly) is to manually edit the details under "tax description" after entering the product line and then save (but being sure not to click "update" as this then recalculates the amount).

Thanks for any help!

Lawrence

Discard

I would really like to know this too! So I have upvoted your question.

Author

I found a solution so have now answered the question, I hope it helps!

Author Best Answer

One method to add Import tax as its own invoice line is to carry out the following:

1) Set up a tax which is 100%. One way to do this is to choose tax type "Python Code" and then enter:

Python Code

# price_unit
# product: product.product object or None
# partner: res.partner object or None

result = price_unit

Python Code (reverse)

# price_unit
# product: product.product object or False

result = price_unit

Also, tick the "tax included in price" field.

Then complete the "Invoices Tax Account", "Account Base Code" and "Account Tax Code" as per your standard VAT tax code.

2) Create a product called "Import VAT", and define it as a service. Make it so the product can only be purchased by checking/ un-checking the options.

3) Set the cost price and sales price to 1.

4) Under the Accounting tab edit the "Supplier Taxes" to be the 100% tax rate you set up in step 1.

5) Now when you create a Supplier Invoice you can select the "Import VAT" product as an invoice line, and manually modify the "Unit Price". The tax will correctly be calculated and will be logged against the tax boxes defined when you set up the tax code.

Discard

Great solution! Thanks!

Great solution! Thanks!

Best Answer
  1. Identify the Non-Standard Tax: Determine the specific tax amount that needs to be applied to the invoice line. This could be a fixed amount or a percentage value.

2. Access Invoice Line: Navigate to the invoice creation or editing interface and locate the invoice line to which you want to add the non-standard tax amount.

3. Add Tax Field: Depending on the invoicing software or system you're using, find the option to add a tax field or modify existing tax fields for the invoice line. Look for a field labeled "Tax," "Tax Amount," or similar.

4. Enter Non-Standard Tax Amount: Enter the non-standard tax amount in the designated tax field for the invoice line. If it's a fixed amount, simply input the value. If it's a percentage, calculate the tax amount based on the line item total and input the result.

5. Review and Save: Double-check the invoice line details, including the non-standard tax amount, to ensure accuracy. Once you are satisfied with the changes, save the invoice.

By following these steps, you can add a non-standard tax amount to an invoice line, allowing for customized tax calculations based on your specific requirements.

Discard