Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
You can do it the "easy" way through OpenERP menus...
- First create the fields using Configuration -> Customization -> Database Structure -> Fields
- And then make them appear on screen using
Configuration -> Customization -> User Interface -> Views
Or do it the "right" way, creating a custom module to add the fields to the desired model and views.
You can find many samples on the web, like this one... (can't publish links as I don't have enough karma... just google for openerp create module and you will find many samples)
Create a module that adds fields to the object you want. See this very basic example: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6303140/add_field_to_partner.tar.gz
Extract the folder to your addons path and 'Update Module List' from 'Modules' menÃ¹. Then install the module and open partner form.
Hello Olivier Caeymaex,
For creating menus through OpenERP...
- First give access rights of "Technical Feature" to the user. (From Setting>Users>User>Access Rights>Technical Features)
- You can see the Menu "Setting>Technical" now.
- Now you can create the field (from Setting>Technical>Database Structure>Fields)