You can do it the "easy" way through OpenERP menus...
- First create the fields using Configuration -> Customization -> Database Structure -> Fields
- And then make them appear on screen using
Configuration -> Customization -> User Interface -> Views
Or do it the "right" way, creating a custom module to add the fields to the desired model and views.
You can find many samples on the web, like this one... (can't publish links as I don't have enough karma... just google for openerp create module and you will find many samples)
Create a module that adds fields to the object you want. See this very basic example: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6303140/add_field_to_partner.tar.gz
Extract the folder to your addons path and 'Update Module List' from 'Modules' menÃ¹. Then install the module and open partner form.
Hello Olivier Caeymaex,
For creating menus through OpenERP...
- First give access rights of "Technical Feature" to the user. (From Setting>Users>User>Access Rights>Technical Features)
- You can see the Menu "Setting>Technical" now.
- Now you can create the field (from Setting>Technical>Database Structure>Fields)
Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!
About This Community
|Asked: 2/12/13, 9:54 PM|
|Seen: 7057 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|