I just installed the human resources app: I found it handy, but I need some extra fields... Someone can point me to the right direction?
You can do it the "easy" way through OpenERP menus...
- First create the fields using Configuration -> Customization -> Database Structure -> Fields
- And then make them appear on screen using
Configuration -> Customization -> User Interface -> Views
Or do it the "right" way, creating a custom module to add the fields to the desired model and views.
You can find many samples on the web, like this one... (can't publish links as I don't have enough karma... just google for openerp create module and you will find many samples)
Customisation made via interface can make long term maintenance of your instance more complicated. You should create your own addon. You will find dev doc here: http://doc.openerp.com/trunk/developers/server/03_module_dev/
Create a module that adds fields to the object you want. See this very basic example: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6303140/add_field_to_partner.tar.gz
Extract the folder to your addons path and 'Update Module List' from 'Modules' menÃ¹. Then install the module and open partner form.
Just Brilliant! - the start I needed! Many many thanks! - a very similar module with explanation can also be found here - http://www.pixelite.co.nz/article/adding-additional-fields-using-custom-module-openerp-7
I am using the demo of v7 and there isn't any 'Configuration -> Customization -> Database Structure -> Fields' menu. Am I missing something?? Thanks in advance.
Hello Olivier Caeymaex,
For creating menus through OpenERP...
- First give access rights of "Technical Feature" to the user. (From Setting>Users>User>Access Rights>Technical Features)
- You can see the Menu "Setting>Technical" now.
- Now you can create the field (from Setting>Technical>Database Structure>Fields)