class archive_storage_type(osv.Model):

_name='archive.storage.type'

_columns={

'name': fields.integer('Storage Type'),

}

class news_footage(osv.Model):

_name='news.footage'

_columns={

'server_id': fields.one2many('footage.server.id','server_id', 'Server ID'),
       }

When I put integer value it works fine but I want server_id to be char field. How to do that?

Ludo - Neobis
On 8/6/14, 9:33 AM

The server_id is always going to be the link to another record (in this case many records), so you should keep the field like that. 

However, I think what you need is a related field. This can be the name of the archieve storage type, based on the field as it is filled in. So for example:

'related_server_name('server_id', 'name', type='char')

"server_id" in this case is the field that you already made. "name" is the field on the object you are referring to and "type" indicates that it should be shown as a character field in this case. 

You should never have to worry about the input for relational fields yourself. The ORM does that for you.

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/6/14, 8:00 AM
Seen: 471 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM