Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to add bank account types to the drop down?

By
Martin
on 4/29/13, 8:50 AM 4,626 views

When creating/modifying a bank account with Accounting >> Configuration >> Accounts >> Setup your Bank Accounts there is a field Bank Account Type that only ever has a single option Normal Bank Account.

Naively, I tried editing res_partner_data.xml like this ...

<!-- Default bank account description -->
    <record id="bank_normal" model="res.partner.bank.type">
        <field name="name">Savings Account</field>
        <field name="name">Current Account</field>
        <field name="code">bank</field>
    </record>

... but that file seems to be read only when the module is installed, and even then only the last value gets used.

Is there a way to add account types to the list?

jamesbale
On 4/29/13, 8:58 AM

Yes you can add more account type from

Sale ==> Configuration ==> Address Book ==> Bank Account Types

Here you can create more account

when you update the res_partner_data.xml file with new account name then in xml file there <data noupdate="True"> so, its load data from this file only first time when you start with --init=module name, to load data from this file you have make <data noupdate="False">

Hope this help

Thanks! I wasted hours looking for that over the weekend. Jeez. I shudder to imagine the "logic" behind burying that kind of global setting in the sales' department's address book configuration. Weird!

Martin
on 4/29/13, 9:39 AM

Oh yeah. ... and great tip about noupdate. Thanks for that one too.

Martin
on 4/29/13, 9:40 AM

Thanks. In openerp-7.0-20130501-232419, I do not have Address Book under Sales ==> Configuration. Whats wrong in my settings.

matcha
on 5/2/13, 10:37 AM

Yes I would like to know an answer this too... Please someone help...

S C Nayak
on 5/7/13, 7:13 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/29/13, 8:50 AM
Seen: 4626 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM