Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to add an extra menu action in the many2one field dropdown list?

on 7/12/13, 7:22 AM 1,415 views

How could we add an extra action (link to a view) on a many2one field drop down list (after "Search More" and "Create and Edit..." )?

In my case, that will be useful in the product object in order to have a popup to create either a new product (original "Create and Edit...") or a new variant (menu item called "Create Variant...").

Those items are defined in the "instance.web.form.CompletionFieldMixin" function of the web module in view_form.js. But I cannot find out how to extend this function properly for a specific python object.

hi Gabriel, i'm working for the same task :( can you help me please !! is ther's a solution to extend instance.web.form.CompletionFieldMixin ?

abdelwahed chiheb
on 3/2/14, 6:22 AM

hi Gabriel, "Search More" action will show the tree view. Is there any way to show the result of "Search More" action as a Kanban view? Please help.

on 5/7/14, 7:51 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Asked: 7/12/13, 7:22 AM
Seen: 1415 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM