Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to add additional fields in the eCommerce checkout process?

By
Tommaso Mignolli
on 6/24/14, 10:11 AM 1,284 views

I would like to add additional fields in the checkout form of the new eCommerce website page.

In particular I would like to add a field to collect customer VAT number and a text fields to let customer input specific request or comments.

Can you please suggest how to proceed? Is there any documentation available ?

Thanks

Kurt Haselwimmer
On 7/1/14, 3:31 AM

If the module VAT number validation is installed then it appears that on saas5 the VAT field is automatically included in the checkout (it seems that this number is being validated when the form is submitted). Saas3 does not appear to have this.

Tommaso Mignolli
On 7/8/14, 6:55 AM

Thanks for you answer. I'm on Versione 7.saas3, do you know if the upgrade to saas5 will be done automatically ?

Tommaso

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/24/14, 10:11 AM
Seen: 1284 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM