Odoo Help

How to add a new customer filter string based on new company field

By
Paulo Matos‏
on 3/27/15, 11:27 AM 797 views

Dear all,

I have added a new boolean field on the Customers (res.partner) form, which user must choose from True or False. This field is used for customers where the field "Is a Company?" is selected.

Now, I need to add a filter on the customers tree view, that lists all Contacts from Customers (Contacts added and liked to that Company) where this new_field is True.

Standard Odoo already have several options to filter the customer tree view (by Customers, Suppliers / People, Company, etc.).

Now, I need to add a new filter that allows me to filter all contacts (people) from companies (Company), for which the new_field is TRUE.

This is the basic odoo search view (for tree view)

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<search string="Search Partner">

<field name="name" filter_domain="['|','|',('name','ilike',self),('parent_id','ilike',self),('ref','=',self)]"/>

<filter help="My Partners" icon="terp-personal+" domain="[('user_id','=',uid)]"/>

<separator/>

<filter string="Persons" name="type_person" domain="[('is_company','=',0)]"/>

<filter string="Companies" name="type_company" domain="[('is_company','=',1)]"/>

<separator/>

<filter string="Customers" name="customer" domain="[('customer','=',1)]" help="Customer Partners"/>

<filter string="Suppliers" name="supplier" domain="[('supplier','=',1)]" help="Supplier Partners"/>

<separator/>

<field name="category_id" string="Tag" filter_domain="[('category_id','ilike', self)]"/>

<field name="user_id"/>

<field name="parent_id" domain="[('is_company','=',1)]" filter_domain="[('parent_id','child_of',[self])]"/>

<group expand="0" string="Group By...">

<filter string="Salesperson" icon="terp-personal" domain="[]" context="{'group_by' : 'user_id'}"/>

<filter string="Company" context="{'group_by': 'parent_id'}"/>

<filter string="Country" context="{'group_by': 'country_id'}"/>

</group>

</search>

Any help on adding this new filter based on people from any company which new_field is TRUE? I am not developing a new module. I am using the "Activate programmer mode" to make the changes.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Paulo

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/27/15, 11:27 AM
Seen: 797 times
Last updated: 3/27/15, 6:07 PM