Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to add a Jquery Slideshow to my custom theme in Odoo version 8 ?

By
Vaishal Patel
on 7/1/16, 6:33 AM 378 views

I am new to odoo and would like to know how I could add a slider like the jquery cycle2 into my websites custom theme: I have tried to place the following code:

<template id="myjq" inherit_id="website.assets_frontend" name="Myjq">
<xpath expr="script[last()]" position="after">
<script type="text/javascript" src="/theme_vish/static/src/js/jquery.cycle2.min.js" />
</xpath>
</template>

into my assets.xml but to no avail. What am I doing wrong here ?

Yenthe I have amended the xpath. Sorry what would it be for this specific example id have to add in the dependencies?

Vaishal Patel
on 7/1/16, 7:42 AM

Yenthe

--Yenthe--
| 7 7 8
Turnhout, Belgium
--Yenthe--

My Odoo blog: http://www.odoo.yenthevg.com/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Yenthe666

Yenthe
On 7/1/16, 7:04 AM

Hi Vashial,

Your xpath is incorrect so your custom JS is not added to the website. The fix:

<template id="myjq" inherit_id="website.assets_frontend" name="Myjq"> <xpath expr="." position="inside"> <script type="text/javascript" src="/theme_vish/static/src/js/jquery.cycle2.min.js" /> </xpath> </template>

P.S: Don't forget to add your dependencies in the __openerp__.py file.

Yenthe

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/1/16, 6:33 AM
Seen: 378 times
Last updated: 7/1/16, 7:16 AM