This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I wanna add a server validation before change(or create) data, if not passed, create a confirm dialog to let user choose still save or not.

The problem is that I don't know how to create a confirm dialog when in write method, it is possible to make dialog by returning action when click button, but this not be able for write method.

So I try to raise server Error to manually call `new ActionManager().do_action()` in crash_manager.js, another problem came, I cannot get the form view object to reload it.

It really drives me crazy, please help me or share some experience if you have done some similar work.

Discard

Please let me know if you find the solution, I am also having same problem

Best Answer

This will helpful

Discard
Best Answer

I've built a module to help for this case, please check it out:

https://apps.odoo.com/apps/modules/13.0/web_confirm_on_save

Discard
Best Answer

By using confirm tag in xml . You can do it . No need to write a method in python.

e.g.

<button name="cancel_voucher" string="Cancel" type="object" states="posted" confirm="Are you sure you want to cancel this receipt?"/>

Discard
Author

Actually, I need to do a validation before confirm dialog. I have done it with overwrite save button code.

Then you have to use python raise function in onchange method . So that you will get the validation before confirm message.