Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How to access another company's projects?

By
Peter Daniel Ketelsen
on 7/31/13, 2:28 PM 775 views

Hi all.

I have been looking really hard to find a solution to this problem, but no luck yet.

[edit] The users I am trying to let view the other company's content (in this case projects) are, of course, multi-company users and have access rights to the target company. [/edit]

My setup:

Company 1           Company 2
        /   \               /   \
Co. 1.1      Co. 1.2     Co 2.1  Co. 2.2

Now, what I want is a User who has access rights to multiple companies (MultiUser - member of company 1.1) to have access to Co. 2.2 and Co. 1.1 projects / contacts, etc.

Specifically for projects, I would be happy if I could just ignore the company-membership and just reduce the limits of the access rights to project members. Meaning: It would be sufficient for MultiUser to be just a member of the project and it is not necessary to be a member of the company managing the contract.

How do I do that?

I am grateful for any help.

Daniel

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/31/13, 2:28 PM
Seen: 775 times
Last updated: 4/27/15, 10:11 AM