Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How so many report use the logged user language without the translate_doc method?

By
Pascal Tremblay
on 2/12/16, 2:16 PM 497 views

Hello all,

I have made many searches in Odoo 8 files.

I don't understand why so many qweb report can be translate WITHOUT using the translate_doc method...

For example, the report "general ledger" is translated in the logged in user language. But no trace of the translate_doc method in the template...

Few reports are translated with the translate_doc method.

So, could you tell me how the "general ledger" report, for example, can be translated in the logged in user language?

Thanks

zbik

--zbik--
| 6 4 7
Lodz, Poland
--zbik--

zbik
On 2/12/16, 2:30 PM

In standard all reports are translated in the logged in user language.  Another situation is when you need to translate the report into another language, not necessarily logged in user (for example invoice and partner_id.lang). For this case  translate_doc helper is dedicated.

Thanks mister Zbik

Pascal Tremblay
on 2/16/16, 2:32 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/12/16, 2:16 PM
Seen: 497 times
Last updated: 2/14/16, 12:34 PM