Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How run all tests for 7.0 ?

By
Bastien Sevajol
on 9/24/13, 4:22 PM 1,461 views

I've installed OpenERP from source following documentation (link1). To download v7 version i used the make init-v70 command, all runed fine. So, after create postresql access i can start a OpenERP server with the make server command.

I plan to write addon for OpenERP. But before write code i would like run all OpenERP test suite (core, addons) to check addon developpement impact. I found a question (link2) about tests run. But i don't know how:

• How run all tests (with for exemple a specified list of addons)
  • Check the result/score of tests (all passed, who fail if fails ...)

I found some info in documentation (link3), but i found a "oe run-tests" script only in trunk version, no for 7.0 version.

So my question is: Is it a way to run a test suite (for addons list) and view summary of test result ?

Sorry, my karma is insufficient to publish links:

• link1: doc.openerp.com/trunk/server/01_getting_started/#installation-from-sources
  • link2: help.openerp.com/question/526/how-to-run-tests/
  • link3: doc.openerp.com/trunk/server/05_test_framework/#running-the-tests
Nayan Jain
On 1/10/14, 6:57 AM

You have to download the openerpcommand directory from the trunk, and the oe script from the same and place them in openerp folder.

Open your Terminal and browse to openerp directory. Make your "oe" script executable.

Run the command:

./oe run-tests --addons=your_addons_path -d your_database -m your_module

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/24/13, 4:22 PM
Seen: 1461 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM