Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How project team member can view projects?

By
Oliver
on 2/26/13, 1:14 PM 5,402 views

Hi all, I´m testing OpenERP v7 funcionalities and I have a question about project views. I have configured various project assuming that projects member can view only those projects where they are involved. Projects are configured as "only followers". The problems comes when team member cannot see the projects they are involved unless they the become also "followers" or the project becomes "public".

Is there anyway to cofigure rigth access so that project member can see by default the projects they are involved.

Thank you very much!!

Sandeep

--Sandeep--
| 6 5 8
Delhi, India
--Sandeep--
Python OpenERP Developer http://in.linkedin.com/pub/sandeep-rana/3b/a16/786/
Sandeep
On 5/13/13, 9:05 AM

Hi Mr. Oliver

create an access rule inside / settings--> security -- > Record Rules -->

select object ( project ) and put this code

['|',('members','in', [user.id]),('user_id','=',user.id)]

in Rule Definition (Domain Filter) field and fill other fields as you want and then see effect

add specific project user in project -- Team TAB

Thanks

Thx for that answer!

Could you please have a look at this question:

http://help.openerp.com/question/40960/how-to-use-access-rights-and-record-rules/

René Schuster
on 1/8/14, 5:27 AM
Gabor Pinter
On 5/13/13, 8:06 AM

Set the Privacy/Visibility to "Employees only" on the specific project. From here you have two options:

• Create the following Record Rule in Settings --> Security --> Record Rules:
    • object/model: project.project
    • name: See team project only
    • domain:['&', ('privacy_visibility', 'in', ['employees']), ('members','in', [user.id])]
    • apply for read: [x]
    • apply for write: [x]
    • apply for create: [x]
    • apply for delete: [x] Since it's a global rule, you shouldn't set any group restriction.

OR

• Edit Record Rule:
    • "Project: employees: public, portal, employees or following"
    • Domain: ['|','|', ('privacy_visibility', 'in', ['public', 'portal']), '&', ('privacy_visibility', 'in', ['employees']), ('members','in', [user.id]), '&', ('privacy_visibility', '=', 'followers'), ('message_follower_ids', 'in', [user.partner_id.id])]

Please note that I'm a newbie, but for me both solution worked.

Thanks for this. I tried the second option and it worked perfectly in v8

Bill Ennals
on 7/27/16, 7:08 PM

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)

--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--
Tiny ERP Pvt Ltd
http://www.odoo.com
| 2 1 4
Ahmedabad, India
--Mustufa Rangwala (mra)--

- Around 7+ years of strong experience in Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) which is world's largest Open Source Business Applications driven by CEO Fabien Pinckaers. - Played key role in developing and maintaining various Odoo Product modules and integrating them on Open Source ERP Environment. - Experience on Scrum methodology for project management - Experience in Team Building - Quick Start Implementations. - Worked on almost all versions (4.0, 5.0, 6.0, 6.1, 7.0, SAAS, Trunk(8.0)...) of Odoo (Formerly OpenERP) . Specialities: Odoo Business Process And OpenERP Implementation. Odoo Application Support and Maintenance. Odoo Technical & Functional Training. Business Process Mapping & Gap Analysis (Functional and Technical Analysis)

Mustufa Rangwala (mra)
On 3/5/13, 6:16 AM

You can try with record rules on projects menu...

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/26/13, 1:14 PM
Seen: 5402 times
Last updated: 7/27/16, 7:07 PM