Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How openerp EDI works ?

By
Zahin
on 7/2/13, 12:35 PM 4,832 views

Hello Experts,

I want to know EDI integration feature, how openerp EDI works.

If I want to manage stock and product from other edi link and want to import data to openerp then how to manage.

Also import data from EDI 4010, If I have flat file data.

I hope someone already tried or use can share their view.

Thanks in advanced.

I am using 6.1 stable version + EDI installed.

Zahin
on 7/2/13, 4:28 PM
kalmenchia
On 7/2/13, 1:35 PM

Hi . openerp in v7 will not have any EDI functionalities for the moment beside the import / export or the CSV files integration. should you require EDI integration , you may need to look for 3rd party or develop a custom module for this purpose.

Nice to hear this in the Q&A site, the OE7.0 release notes stating explicit that in OE 7.0 the EDI functionality is enhanced. For missing Karma I cant post the Link to the official Release notes here. http://v6.openerp.com/node/1269#h.2mg2mm2e4cdi

Travelping GmbH, Holger Winkelmann
on 7/2/13, 2:47 PM

The CSV import/export features are only adequate if used with OpenERP import compatible format which is limiting to say the least. The enapps ea_import addon looks promising but it is in development for version 7. Writing a custom parser in Python and passing data from it through the OpenERP web API is the best bet and not terribly difficult.

mike
on 7/2/13, 3:01 PM
Jesper Carstensen
On 9/19/14, 6:31 AM

Hi

For EDI integration into Odoo you can have a look at easyEDI for Odoo http://easyedi.dk/solutions/easyedi-for-odoo/. Works with X12, EDIFACT and more. Works with incoming and outgoing EDI and any business partner.

Best regards
Jesper

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/2/13, 12:35 PM
Seen: 4832 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM