Odoo Help

How openerp EDI works ?

By
Zahin
on 7/2/13, 12:35 PM 5,442 views

Hello Experts,

I want to know EDI integration feature, how openerp EDI works.

If I want to manage stock and product from other edi link and want to import data to openerp then how to manage.

Also import data from EDI 4010, If I have flat file data.

I hope someone already tried or use can share their view.

Thanks in advanced.

I am using 6.1 stable version + EDI installed.

Zahin
on 7/2/13, 4:28 PM

Hi . openerp in v7 will not have any EDI functionalities for the moment beside the import / export or the CSV files integration. should you require EDI integration , you may need to look for 3rd party or develop a custom module for this purpose.

Nice to hear this in the Q&A site, the OE7.0 release notes stating explicit that in OE 7.0 the EDI functionality is enhanced. For missing Karma I cant post the Link to the official Release notes here. http://v6.openerp.com/node/1269#h.2mg2mm2e4cdi

Travelping GmbH, Holger Winkelmann
on 7/2/13, 2:47 PM

The CSV import/export features are only adequate if used with OpenERP import compatible format which is limiting to say the least. The enapps ea_import addon looks promising but it is in development for version 7. Writing a custom parser in Python and passing data from it through the OpenERP web API is the best bet and not terribly difficult.

mike
on 7/2/13, 3:01 PM
Jesper Carstensen
On 9/19/14, 6:31 AM

Hi

For EDI integration into Odoo you can have a look at easyEDI for Odoo http://easyedi.dk/solutions/easyedi-for-odoo/. Works with X12, EDIFACT and more. Works with incoming and outgoing EDI and any business partner.

Best regards
Jesper

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/2/13, 12:35 PM
Seen: 5442 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM