Odoo is the world's easiest all-in-one management software. It includes hundreds of business apps:
CRM | e-Commerce | Accounting | Inventory | PoS | Project management | MRP | etc.
Somebody write to me :
if you delete a record in a xml file and you update the module, the record will be deleted in database if you have not parameter noupdate="1" in <data>
I understand this. But I have a question.
- I create a record id=mycustom.stock_location_a in my custom module;
- I upgrade the module mycustom in my odoo;
- I check in Warehouse->Locations, the new record (stock_location_a) is there;
- The external ID (mycustom.stock_location_a) is of course created in ir.model.data.
- Now, I remove the record id=mycustom.stock_location_a in my XML.
- I upgrade mycustom again.
- Here, I suppose that Odoo will erase the record mycustom.stock_location_a
Here is my questions :
- But how Odoo can decide to delete the record? May be I have put the XML record in a other file or an other module, no????
- Will Odoo delete mycustom.stock_location_a?
- Which conditions before to delete it from Odoo?
if noupdate = 0 or not defined in <data>, when you update a module, odoo verify corresponding records between all records in xml files and records in table ir_model_data and in model defined for the record in xml, the relation between ir_model_data and the model are in ir_model_data with columns res_id (id in model table) model and module, complete_name is module_name.xml_id, you can see column noupdate too (file base/ir/ir_module.py).
For all new records add in xml file if noupdate=0, a record is add in ir_model_data and model, for existing records in ir_model_data and xml if noupdate=0, datas in model are updated, if noupdate=0and if a record is present in ir_model_data with values your module/your object/... but not in your module the record in ir_model_data and in the model defined in xml for the record will be deleted. But if there is a reference of your model record id in an other record you will have an integrity error.
About This Community
This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.Register
Odoo Training Center
Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.Test it now
|Asked: 3/15/15, 8:29 AM|
|Seen: 2889 times|
|Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM|