Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How move stock quantity/value between locations

By
John Peverall
on 12/19/13, 5:46 AM 1,270 views

Set up Location Structure as

Company>GIT

Company>Bond

Company>Warehouse>Input

Set up real time stock valuation via product category. Created PO with destination Company>Bond. On receiving products into bond from PO if a look at Reporting/Inventory Valuation with location/product filter quantities/valuation correct. Now I want to move 8 of 25 of product A from Company>Bond to Company>Warehouse>Input so I create a Warehouse/Internal Move. If I look at the same report the product appears in Company>Warehouse>Input with qty and value Zero and Company>Bond quantity/value remains the same.

If I click on the product in Company>Warehouse>Input shows me internal journal of qty and value 0 yet looking at journal in Warehouse/Traceability/Stock Moves shows move between 2 locations and qty of 8.

I tried changing Location structure to

Company>Warehouse>GIT

Company>Warehouse>Bond

Company>Warehouse>Input

without success.

I have tried chaining on location and also push flows on product but neither seem to resolve the issue (unless my set up of them is incorrect)

While being able to value stock in each location is a nice to have the ability to know qty at each location is essential. What Location structure and Stock Journals do I need be able to fulfil this requirement?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/19/13, 5:46 AM
Seen: 1270 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM