Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How many BOMs can I produce based on the current stock level?

By
Raphael
on 3/8/13, 9:21 AM 875 views

A couple of our customers would like to have a quick answer over the phone on how many products (defined as a BOM) they can purchase based on our current stock levels. Is there an easy way to query this with Open ERP so the customer can receive an anwer right away?

We have several products and all have their individual BOM. I would like to know whether my current stock levels allow me to build BOM1 four times, BOM3 two times and BOM7 one time. In case no, I would like to know which parts we would need to buy in when a PO arrives in order to fulfil the customer request.

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 3/8/13, 10:07 AM

If you set the Procurement Method of your products to Make to Order, then a procurement is created automatically when a SO has been confirmed.

This will either generate

• a new PO (if Supply Method is Buy) or
  • a new MO (if Supply Method is Manufacture)

This also works recursively if you have multi-level BoMs. (But this then also depends on the BoM Type)

Thank you for your answer. Your description is very helpful. However I am rather looking for getting a quick overview about how many BOMs I can build based on the current stock level. It is a sort of query or a routine I would need.

Raphael
on 3/8/13, 10:26 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/8/13, 9:21 AM
Seen: 875 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM