Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How manage Tasks in CRM?

By
Yann de Champlain
on 1/19/16, 3:06 PM 540 views

Hi,

Sorry for newbie question... But I can't find any "Add task" or something like that in my Odoo CRM.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Axel,

OK. So once you have an oppurtunity you do not have anyhting to trigger a follow-up?  It's almost impossible.  That would be a real show stopper for that system.

Yann de Champlain
on 1/21/16, 11:04 AM

I know what you said, the CRM opportunities is something that could be integrated with so many areas that need to take it as an starting point. You just need to integrate it by yourself like adding buttons for your needs in the opportunity form view to generate the necessary objects

Axel Mendoza
on 1/22/16, 3:31 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 1/21/16, 4:55 PM

Every opportunity in the system has an associated 'Next Activity' - such as an Email, Quote, Call or Task.

These can be defined by Sales Team, can be chained together, and can have default numbers of days between them:

You can create any type of Activity, and series of Activities that match your process for closing Opportunities. 

Activities show up on the dashboard - so you are always reminded when you said you wanted to complete them.

(Although the screenshot is from the Enterprise Edition, the same functionality is available with the Community Edition).

If you still want Tasks, install the Project module.  You can create an Internal Project and add Tasks to that.

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 7 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 1/21/16, 10:30 AM

@Yann de Champlain

In CRM there is no Tasks, there are Leads and Opportunities or Issues if you install the corresponding modules.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 1/19/16, 3:06 PM
Seen: 540 times
Last updated: 1/21/16, 4:55 PM