Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How make field.date can only be selected through calendar?

By
Sathiyan
on 6/20/13, 5:03 AM 1,064 views

I’m using dd/mm/yyyy format for all my date field. If the user manually enter dd/mm/yy it will automatically converted to mm/dd/yyyy. To avoid that i need make user to select the date only through the calendar . Is it possible?.

Ghanshyam Prajapati

--Ghanshyam Prajapati--
| 4 4 8
Pune, India
--Ghanshyam Prajapati--
OpenERP Developer
Ghanshyam Prajapati
On 6/20/13, 5:24 AM

Try Following,

• Go through Settings >> Translations >> Languages

• Edit Record - Change in Date Format field %d/%m/%Y

Hope it works for you.

Hi, the setting you suggest is currently in use. If you use this format "dd/mm/yy", you will get the output as "mm/dd/yyyy". But if we enter dd/mm/yyyy, there is no issue. To avoid this i want make the user to select the date, by avoiding them typing a date.

Sathiyan
on 6/20/13, 6:50 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 6/20/13, 5:03 AM
Seen: 1064 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM