This question has been flagged
2 Replies

whenever an Enterprise contract is mentioned it is said that one of the services included in this wouold be bug fixes. I wonder what that precisely means for everybody elso who is not on an Enterprise contract? As far as I know Odoo is open sources that means the code is being open to anyone. There are so called Nihgtly versions. A bug fix is part of the code isn't it?

So is there practically 'bugged code' which is being available for the public (@nighly.odoo.com, or the github repos) and the 'good' code that is being held under restrictions and not made available to non Enterprise users?

Or is the 'good code' being held back for a certain timeframe and only after that made public? If that is the case ... how long is that? I wonder whether there is an official policy about that or is it something that is 'kept in the uncertain'?

Discard
Best Answer

Hello gunnar,

When a bug report is submitted for a supported database, a patch is build by openerp and published on a LP branch ( this will now move to git ).  The enduser or partner can test the fix and see if their issue is fixed.  When everything works out ok, the branch is submitted for merge in the stable branch containing the current release.  You can find all bug fix branches and other development on LP: https://code.launchpad.net/~openerp-dev/openobject-addons -- look there for the XX-opw-YYY-zzz branches where XX is a openepr release, YYY a ticket number and zzz the developer's initials.

So, there is no openerp code that is being hidden. With the move to github, the details of this process wil change slightly, but the principle will remain the same.

Regards,

Jos

Discard
Author Best Answer

sorry, commenting seems not to be working:

@Jos: that means all bugfixes should end up in any installation with updates over time right? Or do you have to find each bugfix with the method you described and than know how to apply this to your installation?

Discard