Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How is the Account chosen for a product on the draft invoice of a confirmed purchase order?

By
Derek Anderson
on 11/2/14, 9:14 PM 542 views

On Odoo 8, I have a product "Iron Maiden" with no fields filled in on the Inventory Valuation section of the Inventory tab other than "Inventory Valuation: Real Time (automated)".

It has "Internal Category" set to "All / Goods"., which is configured with:

Stock Input Account: 100110 Goods

Stock Output Account: 529000 Purchases - Resale Items

Stock Valuation Account: 100110 Goods

Income Account: 479100 Sales of Goods

Expense Account: 100120 Goods In Transit

When I make a purchase including "Iron Maiden", the resulting invoice shows the Account as "100110 Goods". I was expecting "100120 Goods In Transit". Why is this, and how can I change the behavior?

I manually changed the account field. Then, when I received the shipment, the resulting journal entries showed transfers from "100110 Goods" to "100110 Goods" (I was expecting "100120 Goods in Transit" to "100110 Goods"). Again I manually changed the entry.

I assume that somewhere, Odoo is misreading the Expense Account value. What can I do?

Note: I have pictures, but I don't know how to upload them

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/2/14, 9:14 PM
Seen: 542 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM