Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How is qty on hand calculated?

By
Jim Biergans
on 8/14/13, 6:11 PM 3,398 views

I'm writing an application to speed up the product import procedure, but I'm stuck on the qty on hand part. It appears this is a calculated field (?) and there is no way to insert it directly into a table. Does anybody have any info/suggestions? I've got the import process to about 14 records per second, vs. the OpenERP import which takes almost a full second per record, so I'd rather not use the OpenERP import. TIA!

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Greater Los Angeles, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior Odoo Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0 and Odoo 8.0, 9.0 (Since 2012)

Completed Functional and Technical Training.

Major Skills:

• Needs Discovery and Requirements Analysis;

• Function and Technical Specifications;

• Project Planning;

• Prototyping and Proof of concepts;

• Data migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and modules);

• Integration - data, business logic and service levels;

• Training and Knowledge transfer;

• Go Live support;

• Help desk;

• Version Migration.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

Ray Carnes
On 8/14/13, 7:17 PM

Import a Physical Inventory

Warehouse --> Inventory Control --> Physical Inventories

https://doc.openerp.com/7.0/book/5/5_14_Stock/5_14_Stock_inv/#initial-inventory

Quantity on hand takes into account

• products in stock
  • products ordered but not yet received
  • products sold but not yet delivered
  • products to be manufactured

Thanks. That's kind of what I figured. Was hoping I could just write a simple sql insert but that doesn't look likely. Might just have to use the initial inventory routine.

Jim Biergans
on 8/14/13, 8:12 PM

SQL is a dangerous way to go - it bypasses all of the business logic. You could quickly end up with a mess of a database. OpenERP wasn't written to handle a database in an inconsistent state and it won't do so elegantly. You should configure the server to log SQL calls so you can see what is happening when something is done via the UI to make sure you are 100% sure you understand the data model and can use SQL properly to update the database.

Bista Solutions US, Ray Carnes
on 8/14/13, 9:37 PM

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing and looking at how to enable logging in PostgresQL. Any tips? I've got logging set to "all" in the conf file, but it's not logging anything - i made changes to the inventory and product and get nuthin...

Jim Biergans
on 8/14/13, 9:52 PM

first thing i did was google it. got logging on postgresql enabled and i think everything in the conf file is right... still don't get any sql stuff... i'm stuck...i'll post it on stackoverflow and see if anyone there knows what i'm missing... thanks for your help though.

Jim Biergans
on 8/15/13, 12:39 AM

Take a look at OpenERP Webservice!

Mayte Montaño
on 9/12/13, 10:01 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/14/13, 6:11 PM
Seen: 3398 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM