Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How Is it possible to set a tax code for the variant as being different from the tax of the main product?

michel Guénard
on 1/29/15, 8:44 AM 601 views

The use case is the following:

One generic Variant to be applied to a large number of our product list. This variant attibute is a service which the customer may be willing to purchase.

As a service it will be taxed a the standard VAT rate.

The main product is taxed at a reduced rate.

The question is about implementing such case through the variant functions: is this applicable or not. If yes some tips to put me in the right direction would be appreciated!

Pierre Gault
On 1/30/15, 2:51 PM

You are able to set different taxes for each variant. If you have not set any tax, it will take the tax of the template product or of the category.

Great news that one can set a tax to a variant! I don't know how and where to do this. could it be only possible for V8? I am a Saas User , with V7 still not migrated to V8

AD LIBITOM, michel Guénard
on 1/30/15, 7:08 PM

I'm running V8 and I have the same issue. We sell the same product for Take Away and for Eat In... we would like to use these as variant but the VAT rate need to be different. I found the way to add the VAT rate (Product/Accounting/Customer Taxes) on the variants products but as soon as you save it will overwrite the same for the second variant and to the virtual product !!! For example: We have the main Ham & Cheese Sandwich with to variants Sit In and Take Away... If I will edit the customer Taxes under Ham & Cheese Sandwich Sit In... as soon as I click on "SAVE" the Customer Taxes will be applied also to Ham & Cheese Sandwich Take Away and to the main product Ham & Cheese Sandwich overwriting anything was there before. Did you find any way to fix this?

on 10/21/15, 11:27 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

4 follower(s)

Asked: 1/29/15, 8:44 AM
Seen: 601 times
Last updated: 10/21/15, 11:34 AM