Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How in Odoo saas create table and make a many2one relation

By
Robin Duqué
on 9/24/14, 3:07 AM 1,155 views

We have our odoo running as saas, so no access to code, logs or whatever. So in settings->Technical->Database Structures->models I created a model  x_test. Now in res.partner model i created a new custom field with Field Type = many2one and Object Relation = x_test.

But it does not work, I always have the error no reference in found in x_test. Can someone help on this? I am not sure about the models, in x_test i created a field x_id of type integer. But maby it is looking for field "id"?

With existing tables it works, but not with custum models.

Thanks.

Robin Duqué
On 9/24/14, 4:00 AM

Hello,

Strange indeed it works fine today, I tried like for 4houres yesterday and search for answers on internet and documentation. Found nothing, today i do the same and it works. Very frustrating.

Anyway thanks for your time.

deep

--deep--
| 5 4 7
Bengaluru, India
--deep--

Techno-Functional Associate with 6+ years of experience in Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP).

deep
On 9/24/14, 3:46 AM

Hi Actually it will work for custom module also...

and u need not add id field in your custome model (x_test)... try adding a "x_name" field... I have tried and it works for me.. guess you are missing something ..

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 9/24/14, 3:07 AM
Seen: 1155 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM