Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How I can use a unique serial number

By
new test
on 12/23/13, 5:38 AM 1,527 views

if i have 100 computer and i need to put a unique serial number to each computer when i enter the products to warehouse and i need to define the computer i sell by take the serial number for warranty.

You can use product lot expiry module to format the warranty. when you sell just make sure the delivery order has the correct product lot and your product has the correct use by date. That should sort it

kaynis
on 12/23/13, 6:07 AM

when i sort the products in warehouse i need to put the serial number to each item

new test
on 12/23/13, 6:14 AM

do you mean you want to make the product reference unique for each product on your database? that is, force it that no two product will have the same reference

kaynis
on 12/23/13, 7:00 AM

i mean that each product has many items and each item has a serial number like (laptop computer we have 20 laptop and each laptop has a serial number) how I can enter this serial number. when i enter the quantity of laptops which is 20 i should enter 20 serial number for each laptop 1 serial number

new test
on 12/24/13, 4:09 AM

Use Product lot and you can enter the serial numbers as the product lot instead on the once generated by OpenERP

kaynis
on 12/24/13, 7:41 AM
kaynis
On 12/23/13, 7:04 AM

if you build a python like below could help you do that. You simply have to create a xml that replaces default_code.

class product_product(osv.osv):
"""(NULL)"""
_name = 'product.product'
_inherit = 'product.product'
_columns = {
    'default_code': fields.char('Reference', size=80, select=True, required=True),

}    
_sql_constraints = [
    ('name_uniq', 'unique(default_code)', ("There is a similar References already in the system please specify another name, must be UNIQUE!"))
]           
product_product()
new test
On 12/23/13, 6:13 AM

when i sort the products in warehouse i need to put the serial number to each item

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 12/23/13, 5:38 AM
Seen: 1527 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM