Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how i can import a list of new products in odoo 7

By
Michael GBENOU SAGBOHAN
on 11/30/14, 5:22 PM 384 views

Hi . please can anyone tell me how i can import a list of new products in odoo 7 instead of creating each product?

Ivan

--Ivan--
| 5 3 6
Jakarta, Indonesia
--Ivan--
Ivan
On 11/30/14, 10:13 PM

Easiest path I can think of is to export the product list view first. Choose the fields that you want to import.  Remember to choose all Required fields that have no defaults. Remember to use Import Compatible option when doing so.

Then you can re-use the exported file (especially the headers) to load the new products.  Several things that worth noting: many2one and many2many fields are identified using either their XML ID or Database ID (id column) or name.  It is saver to use XML ID so that the same file can be "reused" in multiple database.  To identify the method of choosing many2one and many2many field you can specify /id (XML ID) or /.id (Database ID) or nothing after the field name.

one2many fields can be created with multiple rows where the parent's value will be contained in the first row only.

Michael GBENOU SAGBOHAN
On 11/30/14, 10:16 PM

Thanks for your answer i will give it a try and let you know

fourgaver6513
On 11/30/14, 11:52 PM

NICE REPLY

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/30/14, 5:22 PM
Seen: 384 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM