Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How I can give hours costs timesheets and pass them to cost accounting?

Susana Lázaro
on 2/13/13, 10:35 AM 2,636 views

I'm using version 7 on Windows for Open ERP application I'm doing my business, and I wonder if there is any way to give a cost related to payroll wage or the hours charged in timesheets and relate this cost with the cost accounting system. I do not want the customer bill this time, what I want is to know my costs. Is it possible with this version of Open and in this environment?

Thanks in advance and sorry for my English

Mihalache Ciprian
On 2/13/13, 12:33 PM

Go to

Human Resources -> Employees -> Select Employee -> Go To HR Settings -> Product

Define a product as service where unit of measure is hour. Define a cost price and a sale price.

After a user is adding a Timesheet Activity you will see the cost on

Reports -> Human Resources -> Timesheet Analysis

Good afternoon:

I tried your solution and it has worked. Thank you very much! Now I'll try what I suggest here to be an internal cost than public

Thank you all!

Susana Lázaro
on 2/16/13, 1:05 PM

Does this work in case you enter the time from Human Resources -> My Current Timesheet choosing an analytic account? It doesn't seem to work in my v7 environment. It does work when you key in the time through Projects -> Timesheets. Looking at the analytic journal items generated from these inputs, the only difference is whether the cost amount is captured or not ("Human Resources -> My Current Timesheet" does not capture the cost) and everything else seems to be the same. I wonder why the behaviors are different.

Yoshi Tashiro
on 3/1/13, 10:27 PM
On 2/13/13, 12:45 PM

If you want to keep the employee cost confidential (out of the product list) you can install the module hr_contract. This allows you to add a contract to an employee in which their wage can be specified.

Thank you very much!! I have to try

Susana Lázaro
on 2/14/13, 12:10 PM

thank you very much

I tried it and it works

Thank you for your suggestions.

Susana Lázaro
on 2/16/13, 1:27 PM
Susana Lázaro
On 2/14/13, 12:06 PM

Thank you very much!

As can taste the solution you propose and comment the result. I hope I can prove it by Monday

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 2/13/13, 10:35 AM
Seen: 2636 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM