Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How I can configure correctly receiving mails ?

By
jean44
on 10/17/14, 6:17 AM 806 views

Hello,

I have configured my incoming & outcoming mails server in odoo, everything is set properly, I can send mails to different users, but I have a problem with receiving, when I try to send a mail from gmail to the email configured in the incoming mail server, I got this error :

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

xxx@mydomain.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain mydomain.com by mydomain.com. [my server IP].

The error that the other server returned was:
550 5.7.1 <xxx@mydomain.com>... Relaying denied

Martin Temmink
On 10/21/14, 3:38 AM

Your e-mail server doesn't now that it should process the e-mail from mydomain.com and refuses the e-mail for delivering it, as a relay server. Most servers are refusing relays, because they are mostly used for spammers.  

I'm assuming your server is a linux based system and you are using postfix to receive the email.

Normally you can avoid these errors by doing a good configuration on the used e-mail server (e.g. postfix).  There are a lot of documents (tip: google:  postfix relay errors and use your distribution name and version in the google search).

if this information is helpfull, then please give a thumbs-up vote!

I'm using sendmail server, I searched a lot but nothing is interested

jean44
on 10/21/14, 7:57 AM
jean44
On 10/19/14, 6:33 AM

any help please ?

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/17/14, 6:17 AM
Seen: 806 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM