Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How google_base_account works? [Closed]

By
Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 4/9/13, 9:36 AM 1,562 views

The Question has been closed

by
Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 05/19/2014 07:54:30

I installed google_base_account module. I saw only two fields are there, Username & Password in `res.user`. But I don't know how this module works. Module description says that The module adds google user in res user.

But question is how?

Thank you.

Martin

--Martin--
| 5 6 8
Cornwall, Canada
--Martin--

Analysing, designing, coding and mentoring since 1975. Kilobytes to terabytes. Punch cards to punchy sites. My OpenERP video series: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLq7op4J183lX44ZlXPiHxUpRvmmRDtxye My Google Speadsheets --> OpenERP Data Pump project: http://martinhbramwell.github.io/GData_OpenERP_Data_Pump My email (with spaces removed) : mhb . warehouseman @ gmail . com

Martin
On 4/9/13, 10:37 AM

From what I have been able to determine it serves no purpose on it's own. It is a base module in an object-oriented programming (OOP) sense of a abstract base class; offers functionality to derived classes but can't be used on its own.

If you now install the module google_docs, it will have access to the user credentials you supply to the base module.

Once you have installed it, then ...

• Go to Setting -> Users -> Users -> 'Your user' -> Synchronization page: Enter your login and password for google (e.g.: sudhir@gmail.com and 2hard4u2guess)
  • Go to Google Docs Configuration -> Model configuration -> Create.
    • Provide a model type (e.g.: Sales Lead/Opp)
    • Provide the key of the document or spreadsheet you want to add, putting document: or spreadsheet: in front of it
  • Go to a Lead/Opportunity and attach the Google Doc.
  • Check your Doc library in Google and you will see that the original has been duplicated and given a new name.

Module description says that The module adds google user in res user. What do you think about that? Does it really do this?

Sudhir Arya (SA)
on 4/9/13, 10:40 AM

Yes, I have been able to use an XMLRPC call to change those two attributes of res.user. I suspect you would be able to export a user and have those values exported too. (Which might be a security hole. Heh! Heh!)

Martin
on 4/9/13, 10:49 AM

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/9/13, 9:36 AM
Seen: 1562 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM