Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

how get or create projecte with xmlrpc

By
carlos
on 3/1/13, 12:09 PM 1,553 views

i need read an create project, tasks and miliestones, and load time sheet i try this oerp.execute('project.project', 'search', [('name', '=', "XXXXX")])

my error is this

ERROR openrp2 openerp.netsvc: Object Error Object project.project doesn't exist

how get the name model?

Andreas Brueckl

--Andreas Brueckl--
| 7 8 7
Vienna, Austria
--Andreas Brueckl--
OpenERP Consulting and Development
Andreas Brueckl
On 3/1/13, 1:30 PM

I do not exactly know the context of your script. But here I have posted an example python script which uses XMLRPC.

There you can see how to use the XMLRPC functions.

Salvador Martinez
On 3/1/13, 1:18 PM

The Model Name you may known at Settings/Customization/Database Structure/Models and type on "Model description" the word "project".

Or

In the "About" click at "Activate the developper mode", then, in the form view for Project or Task put Pointer over field or FieldLabel and you see the Field Name and Object Name (Model Name).

Regards!

import oerplib XMLRPC server configuration (NETRPC is also supported)

SERVER = 'localhost' PROTOCOL = 'xmlrpc' PORT = 8069 Name of the OpenERP database to use

DATABASE = 'openrp2'

USER = 'admin' PASSWORD = 'admin'

oerp = oerplib.OERP(server=SERVER,database=DATABASE,protocol=PROTOCOL, port=PORT,) oerp.login(USER, PASSWORD) oerp.execute('project.project', 'search', [('name', '=',"xxx")])

ERROR openrp2 openerp.netsvc: Object Error Object project.project doesn't exist this is my error

carlos
on 3/1/13, 2:05 PM
carlos
On 3/1/13, 1:59 PM

I try migrete from redmine to openerp the projects my code it's

import oerplib

XMLRPC server configuration (NETRPC is also supported)

SERVER = 'localhost' PROTOCOL = 'xmlrpc' PORT = 8069

Name of the OpenERP database to use

DATABASE = 'openrp2'

USER = 'admin' PASSWORD = 'admin'

oerp = oerplib.OERP(server=SERVER,database=DATABASE,protocol=PROTOCOL, port=PORT,) oerp.login(USER, PASSWORD) oerp.execute('project.project', 'search', [('name', '=',"xxx")])

ERROR openrp2 openerp.netsvc: Object Error Object project.project doesn't exist

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/1/13, 12:09 PM
Seen: 1553 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM