This question has been flagged
5 Replies

When we are creating a related user, what is happening?

where the related user are stored, ie on which table? its is not found in hr.employee table(there is no field like 'user_id' in hr.employee table) , in view we can find the field but in hr.employee.py column its not found..

plz help me , tell me how they are linked ...how it works???

Discard
Best Answer

My experience is limited to Odoo 11 where the link between employee and user is in the table resource_resource where the id is the same as hr_employee.id and links via user_id to the relevant user in the table res_user.

Discard
Best Answer

Hi friend;

Do not confuse employees and users

For OpenERP, “employee”  (hr_employee)represents all of the physical people who have a work contract with the company. This includes all types of contracts: contracts with both fixed and indeterminate time periods, and also independent and freelance service contracts.

A “user” (res_users)is a physical person who is given access to the company’s systems. Most employees are users but some users are not employees: external partners can have access to parts of the system.

So, to make a user an employee in your company, you should add some settings in the access right control (ACL).

Check those links:

http://useopenerp.com/v8/model/res-users

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22189332/how-can-i-setup-user-roles-in-openerp

Regards.

Discard
Author

Thank you for the response, but my question is how the user and employee is linked?..for eg : am creating an employee ,say emp01. and also am creating one user say emp(settings/users/create) ....Then when we logged in using emp user...then for example when we want to create leave application..then while we are craeting this one error msg will show .." Constraint Error The employee or employee category of this request is missing. Please make sure that your user login is linked to an employee. """ This is because we didnt link the employee with the user?.. and plz tell me how this linking is working when we create a relatd user..!!

Hi friend:) sorry for the answer it has been late. as i understood you, your user must be an employee to access to any application in the ERP because in order to have the access to leaves you should be an employee of a company so that we have created access control list so you should create a user which will exist in res_users and can login and if you want to create any thing else you should give him access.ex: employee in human ressources so that your user will be an employee and you will find him in hr_employee...if you need any thing else i am here for your help :) just tell me

Author

hi friend, what i want to know is how it is working?,ie for eg: when we want to give an employee the access we create a related user along with the creation of employee in hr.employee....ie...when i created an employee EMP and a related user EMPU..,i can access the details of EMP when i logged in using EMPU...So how this related user thing works...?..how EMPU knows it corresponds to EMP?..How they are linking?..plz give me an answer..