Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How easy is to create custom (profile) setups for OpenERP?

By
JZA
on 10/6/13, 4:55 AM 926 views

I would like to serve many verticals (specific industries) and the build of profiles came into the conversation. For example an OpenERP for an accounting firm versus a Restaurant or regional water supplier.

Is there a way to have custom builds of OpenERP with pre-set modules according on which vertical we need?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 10/7/13, 3:57 AM

The concept of profiles (set of modules to be installed) existed in v5. It was available in the first setup wizard. If I recall correctly there was at least: auction houses, associations,... You can maybe look at it on that version to see if these fields still exist in v7 and maybe use them appropriately.

IBS

--IBS--
| 4 5 8
Tétouan, Morocco
--IBS--

For more informations about IBS, please visit our website at www.ibs-na.com.

For a specific questions, collaboration or help, please send us an email to support@ibs-na.com

IBS
On 10/6/13, 2:54 PM

I don't think so, however, one of the main pillars of OpenERP is adaptability to the majority of industries, but it is not there by default, it has to be done by people/engineers/companies familiar with OpenERP and the requirements/specs of the targeted industry.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 10/6/13, 4:55 AM
Seen: 926 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM