Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How does writeoff_amount(Difference Amount) from account.voucher works?

v7
By
Miel
on 3/5/15, 3:26 AM 752 views

Hi,

I have a supplier invoice with different accounts in invoice line.

Let's say:

-Product A, I assisgned an account which type is Payable for 7.00
-Product B, account type is Regular for 5.00

When I'm going to Pay it and put CASH on Payment Method, Different Amount changes to 19.00. Can anyone help me figure out how this happen and why ? Thanks in advance 

Do you manage to solve? Same problem here.

Anirudh Lou
on 3/5/15, 5:02 AM

deep

--deep--
| 5 4 7
Bengaluru, India
--deep--

Techno-Functional Associate with 6+ years of experience in Odoo (formerly known as OpenERP).

deep
On 3/5/15, 5:19 AM

You have assigned/allocated amount in the Voucher lines... Did you specify the amount in the Voucher also?

If no then the Write Off amount (basically difference amount) will be captured under it...

Well let me explain you with an example:

Say you have an invoice of 12500 INR
Customer is trying to make a payment of 12000 INR

In this case, the difference amount be 500 INR,

Now you have 2 options:
  1. Open
  2. Write Off

Either to treat it as open (meaning that customer will pay you back the remaining amount, thus pending balance will be carried forward)
Or you can Write off (meaning you are going to waive off the amount and close it)

Thanks Deep for you Answer but I'm trying to pay it in Full. For example. I have 2 products in my Invoice Line. -Product 1 costs 5.00INR and change the account with the account type of Regular. -Product 2 costs 7.00INR and change the account with the account type of Payable Total of 12.00INR I'm trying to pay it in Full. 12.00INR but upon changing the Payment Method in CASH, Difference Amount is changed to 19.00INR. I don' know how it happens. Do you have any Idea?

Miel
on 3/5/15, 5:37 AM

Well check the Journal Currency.., Voucher has the functionality to convert the original currency to Journal Currency while making a payment...

deep
on 3/5/15, 5:42 AM

I checked the Journal Currency and it looks normal. Difference Amount changed only when I have an account type of PAYABLE on the invoice line. I've also tested an invoice and add a product in invoice line with a REGULAR account type, it does not change the Difference Amount. Please help

Miel
on 3/5/15, 8:24 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 3/5/15, 3:26 AM
Seen: 752 times
Last updated: 3/25/15, 3:34 PM