Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How does the customer pay an invoice without sign-up?

By
amq
on 11/21/13, 4:58 AM 1,845 views

Currently, when i send customer's an email with the PayPal link and the "View Invoice" button, they always have to sign-up before viewing the invoice.

I want to: 1. Have the option of the PayPal button in the email. And 2. Have the customer view the invoice online alseo.

However: I do NOT want the customer to sign up as a user. Just view the invoice online.

This is such an easy feature that every cloud based accounting app has, why is this so difficult to figure out?

Are you using OpenERP on OpenERP's Cloud or did you install it locally on your own server? Are you using a single-sign-on mechanism like oauth or not? If yes, which one and do you host the authentication system or does somebody else?

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
on 11/21/13, 5:31 PM

Vanilla install on Windows 7 x64. Installed invoicing app. Sent an email with portal on and off to customer. Customer can't view invoice without signup. I am sure there is a setting somewhere i missed,

amq
on 11/21/13, 6:19 PM

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)

--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--
| 7 7 8
San Francisco, United States
--Fabrice Henrion (fhe)--

Director Odoo USA

Fabrice Henrion (fhe)
On 11/22/13, 6:22 PM

By default, the authentication system will be an oauth hosted by openerp.com. You can see this in Settings > Configuration > General Settings > Authentication. You can uncheck this option: "Use external authentication providers, sign in with google, facebook, ..."

Its unchecked, customers still have to sign in to pay an invoice.

amq
on 11/22/13, 8:04 PM
amq
On 11/26/13, 1:14 AM

Any updates on this?

Mariusz Mizgier
On 11/26/13, 3:36 AM

I guess there is no chance to obtain this in an easy way. OpenERP works that with an e-mail you send, it sends also an attached e-mail invoice pdf (that is what you get with default template Invoice - Send by Email). Otherwise, noone will be able to see an invoice without registering with the system - it is designed that pdf is directly connected to an object inside OpenERP, so without authorising you will not be able to watch it. One way to avoid this is copying it on the other web localization (like http server) and pasting that link within the mail, but i guess that is not what you want to see. Maybe a writing a Python function to do that might do the trick.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/21/13, 4:58 AM
Seen: 1845 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM