Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How does --proxy-mode help?

Rick Leir
on 8/16/13, 3:41 PM 3,483 views

I see there is a server option --proxy-mode that is intended to "Enable correct behavior when behind a reverse proxy". We have been running OpenERP behind a proxy without this option, and it sees to work fine. What would you expect a user would see failing when this option is not used?

I tracked it into server/openerp/service/wsgi_server.py Line 421

And werkzeug.pocoo.org/docs/contrib/fixers/?highlight=proxyfix#werkzeug.contrib.fixers.ProxyFix

I would like to know as well. My OpenErp instance is behind an nginx reverse proxy with SSL and I have this this flag turned on. For the longest time is was off and it seems to work fine.

Ralph LAvaud
on 8/17/13, 3:14 PM
Rick Leir
On 8/18/13, 7:59 AM

We were having problems because the new user invitation email contained a link with the internal port number in it. When the new user received the invitation email, he/she needed to edit the signup link, and strip the port number out of it. The --proxy-mode startup option fixed that.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Asked: 8/16/13, 3:41 PM
Seen: 3483 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM