This question has been flagged
2 Replies

I am asking this because I am facing a problem, many sentences/words are already translated, but they still appear in English.

The translated language in my case is French.

Discard
Best Answer

Have you made your own translation or installed one from OpenERP?

Own Translation:

You can export a file from settings > translations > import/export. Once exported you can substitute your own nomenclature/language in the .CSV and re-import the file. Remember to set the language in the settings > translations >languages menu.

From OpenERP:

From the menu settings > translations > load languages you can install a new language. I imagine you have to select the 'Overwrite existing terms' check box for all changes to take effect. Again, make sure the correct language is set for the user.

Edit: I don't speak French very well so unfortunately I cannot check the comprehensiveness of the French translation. However I just installed Danish, and it seems that only some of the modules are translated. However in those that were the nomenclature was changed. I would assume French would have a more comprehensive translation so maybe you didn't check the box to overwrite existing or change the user settings.

To be completely certain the translation is as you want it to be, I would recommend export/importing your own translation.

Discard
Author

Thank you for your input, however, I did actual search the translation lists and some terms are translated but they still appear in English, I even double checked the Translated Field information and it's correct. Some other translations are duplicates.

Author

I even added a translation line but it didn't take effect, I am not sure if I am missing something, but if any one can shed some light on the technical aspect of how things are handled, that would help me understand.

Best Answer

OpenERP uses a collaborative translation system.

You can access it on Launchpad: http://translations.launchpad.net/openobject-addons (for all the addons)

You can make translation proposals for words or sentences, then French reviewers have to validate your proposals. And when it's validated, it will be included into the official package.

Discard