This question has been flagged
1 Reply

Hi everyone,

2 questions:-

a. In order for google docs to work, I need to add HR -> manager and Administrators -> settings? So non admin can't add google docs into an employee in HR module?

b. I click on add google doc, it pops up the google doc. I enter some stuff and it auto saves. But when I close the google doc, it is not saved into openerp 7. Any idea what's wrong? Do I need to press any button in google docs to make this to work in openerp 7?

Any help? Thanks.

Discard
Best Answer

Your Google Docs document remains in your Google Drive account. The OpenERP module takes an existing document (a template), duplicates it and adds it to your Google Drive account.

Currently, sharing of such documents (strangely) can only be done with Google Groups. That is, when you attach the document to the HR record, you must also yourself, use the Share menu of the document, to give the Google group view or edit permission.

You should be able to return to the document you created by means of the attachments menu of the same HR record you created.

I'd like to understand:

1. Are you able to see the created document in your Drive account?
  2. Are you able to return to it from the specific HR record you attached it to?
Discard
Author

Thanks Martin. When I create a new document, I can't see that new document. Until i login as admin, I can only see the attached document. Weird? I haven't try google drive.

"I haven't try google drive." It's essential for what you want to do.