Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How does editing views work on OpenERP 7?

Jayson Wu
on 5/27/14, 10:08 PM 674 views

Hi everyone,

I am now in the process of editing the views (via Settings->User Interface->Views->'view I wish to edit').
I have also found out that you can also edit the xml files on the addons folder.
Ex: If trying to edit the kanban view of the Products (it would be in addons/product/product_view.xml under product.product_kanban_view).

My concern is, if in case there's an update with OpenERP that would result in changing the said file, would the changes that I made be reverted to the original?
Ex: I add another field to the said view, after the update, will it be removed?

If so, are there any ways for me to keep the changes that I made?

| 5 2 8
Ahmadabad, India
On 5/28/14, 12:20 AM

Changes made from Settings->User Interface->Views->'view I wish to edit' will be lost after upgrading the Product. You can modify it from addons. When you edit in existing views or objects, it would be recommended to create new module for that. For that you can refer the link: https://doc.openerp.com/v6.0/developer/2_6_views_events/views/view_inheritence/
Hope this may help you.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Asked: 5/27/14, 10:08 PM
Seen: 674 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM