Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How does Calendar display user names?

By
Matthew Watkins
on 2/10/16, 7:11 AM 505 views

The Calendar module displays usernames to the right of the main calendar that you can select to show or hide that user's meetings. Where is the code for this behavior? I would like to extend it, but I haven't been able to figure out how it's doing what it's doing.

Axel Mendoza

--Axel Mendoza--
| 7 7 8
Camaguey, Cuba
--Axel Mendoza--

DevOps - Full stack - Software Architect - Developer - Technology Integrator

I could help you to develop anything and solve complex problems based on technologies, integrations and tricky stuffs mostly in Python with OpenERP/Odoo, Zato, Django and many others frameworks programming languages and technologies.

I offers consulting services to anyone with an unanswered questions or needs for customizations. Think about it, maybe it's better to have an expert to solve your issues and projects than having a full time employee trying to understand what to do an how

Reach me at aekroft@gmail.com

Axel Mendoza
On 2/10/16, 7:27 AM

The calendar view display the list of username using the color attribute that takes a field to put a checkbox to filter the values of the field to be show or hide in the calendar view and also assign a color for each value. Take this as example

<calendar string="Meetings" date_start="start" date_stop="stop" date_delay="duration" all_day="allday" display="[name]" color="color_partner_id" attendee="partner_ids" avatar_model="res.partner" use_contacts="True" event_open_popup="347">

<field name="name"/>

<field name="user_id"/>

<field name="color_partner_id"/>

<field name="partner_ids"/>

</calendar>

be aware, Calendar module uses "use_contacts" which allow to only have a list of "friends". Standard calendar view add a filter for each occurrences in the calendar view of the current month.

Jérémy Kersten (jke)
on 2/10/16, 8:15 AM

Thanks. That's helpful. Does that mean that you can't change which model is used to populate that filter in the Calendar Module? For instance, I couldn't change it to filter by Meeting type? It sounds like you're saying that in another, standard calendar view I could setup a filter for whatever I want? Is that correct? Also, what does attendee do?

Matthew Watkins
on 2/10/16, 6:52 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/10/16, 7:11 AM
Seen: 505 times
Last updated: 2/10/16, 7:27 AM