Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How does Average Price costing method works?

By
Max
on 4/2/13, 9:35 AM 2,901 views

Hi,

I have setup few of my product to use Average Price as it's costing method but I'm wondering how it really works?

The tooltips mention it is recomputed at each incoming shipment but is it base on the item line from supplier's invoice, generated P.O or price from the product's page?

THanks & best regards, Max Chock.

Gustavo

--Gustavo--
| 2 1 4
Buenos Aires, Argentina
--Gustavo--

Python developer, big fan of sailing

Gustavo
On 4/2/13, 11:49 AM

The average price uses the following formula for calculating its price on each shipment received:

New Price = ((Old Price * Quantity valued at Old Price) + (Quantity received in last shipment * Price of the product in last shipment)) / (Quantity valued at old price + quantity received in last shipment)

This price is calculated every time a shipment and its corresponding invoice is confirmed

thank you!

Max
on 4/3/13, 2:18 AM

Hi Gustavo, are average costing method recalculate the cost price when we do an refund goods to supplier? cause when i tried refunds goods the cost price not changed (this is can cause the price always high), or i miss something to settings. I use OpenERP 7 on Linux Ubuntu 12.04. Thanks before.

Syarbel Budiman
on 1/21/14, 5:03 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/2/13, 9:35 AM
Seen: 2901 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM