I enabled the Website Mail Channels module that comes with Odoo 13. Then, assuming it was Discuss channels I created a channel and set it to be available to everyone. Going to the Mailing Lists page that the module created on my website I expected to see that new channel listed. The page is blank. I cannot find any instructions for this module, so what am I doing wrong?
You need to configure an Alias Domain and specify a email Alias id for the Channel for it to appear in Mailing Lists on the website.
Here are some pointers on where to configure these:
- Activate Developer Mode
- Go to Settings > General Settings > Discuss
- Select External Email Servers
- Specify Alias Domain
- Go to Discuss
- Add the new Channel and configure the following in it's Settings
- Select Send messages by email
- Specify Email alias (the text box before the @ sign
- Post some messages to the Channel
The mailing list and it's messages will now be visible in the Mailing List page on the website.
Hope this helps.