Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do you store the passwords of mail servers in encryption format?

By
Gio
on 4/2/13, 8:35 PM 716 views

I noticed that OpenERP stores the passwords of mail servers into the table fetchmail_server of the database and in plaintext format. I have tried to install the auth_crypt module with no success. Is it possible to store the passwords of mail servers in encryption format? Are there some modules that I have to install? Thank you.

Did you find a way to encrypt your stored passwords? I'm looking for the same thing but not for mails so if you find something, let me know. You can encrypt with a function using MD5 encryption or an other hash algorithm but I don't know exactly how can I program it...

Quentin
on 7/16/13, 9:08 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

0 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 4/2/13, 8:35 PM
Seen: 716 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM