Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do you start Odoo in Linux?

By
Mike Paulin
on 11/5/14, 1:39 PM 4,185 views

I have a Linux Mint installation and I downloaded / installed Odoo 8.0 from Github at this link:  https://github.com/odoo/odoo

I am not able to get Odoo to start up from the web browser.  I know the browser and the web server are working as I get the default Apache web page at the localhost prompt. 

Where are the instructions and how do I get Odoo version 8 up and running under Linux?

Thanks - Mike

What exactly did you do or not do? What do you get when you go to localhost:8069/ or 127.0.0.1:8069/ ?

Yenthe
on 11/6/14, 3:44 AM

Installing from github its a little complicated since you have to do everything mannually. If you didn't create a service for openerp it wont start. You could start it using python like python odoo.py in the folder you donwloaded it. You have to be sure that you have set the correct permissions. Alternatively you can use the .deb package provided by the nightly builds : nightly.odoo.com/8.0/nightly/deb/ You can then start the service, using the service command.

Marco Galicia
on 11/6/14, 4:59 PM

Ludo - Neobis

--Ludo - Neobis--
| 2 2 5
Hoogvliet, Netherlands
--Ludo - Neobis--

Developer

Ludo - Neobis
On 11/6/14, 5:20 AM

Did you run through a daemon or manually started the server? If you configured a daemon, then it will be quite easy:

sudo /etc/init.d/$name_of_your_deamon start

If running manually, check where the Odoo has been installed. Usually somewhere like /opt/odoo. In that directory run the command:

./openerp-server -c $your_config_file

hey can pls help me for how to used name of your deamon???????

LIfe
on 11/6/14, 11:44 PM

It's a variable life, this is up to you and however you named the daemon.

Ludo - Neobis
on 11/10/14, 4:12 AM
Fnordbedarf
On 11/6/14, 5:35 AM

The page you refer to shows

wget -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/odoo/odoo/master/odoo.py | python

Have you tried that from your command-line? This also automagically downloads required dependencies.

In the folder odoo you would then execute

python odoo.py

If so, what is the result?

Christophe HANON
On 11/6/14, 7:48 AM

Also note that the default port is 8069 - can be changed in the config. So try to connect to localhost:8069. But obviously the process has to be started first.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/5/14, 1:39 PM
Seen: 4185 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM