This question has been flagged
3 Replies

I have a Linux Mint installation and I downloaded / installed Odoo 8.0 from Github at this link:  https://github.com/odoo/odoo

I am not able to get Odoo to start up from the web browser.  I know the browser and the web server are working as I get the default Apache web page at the localhost prompt. 

Where are the instructions and how do I get Odoo version 8 up and running under Linux?

Thanks - Mike

Discard

What exactly did you do or not do? What do you get when you go to localhost:8069/ or 127.0.0.1:8069/ ?

Installing from github its a little complicated since you have to do everything mannually. If you didn't create a service for openerp it wont start. You could start it using python like python odoo.py in the folder you donwloaded it. You have to be sure that you have set the correct permissions. Alternatively you can use the .deb package provided by the nightly builds : nightly.odoo.com/8.0/nightly/deb/ You can then start the service, using the service command.

Best Answer

Did you run through a daemon or manually started the server? If you configured a daemon, then it will be quite easy:

sudo /etc/init.d/$name_of_your_deamon start

If running manually, check where the Odoo has been installed. Usually somewhere like /opt/odoo. In that directory run the command:

./openerp-server -c $your_config_file

Discard

hey can pls help me for how to used name of your deamon???????

It's a variable life, this is up to you and however you named the daemon.

Best Answer

The page you refer to shows

wget -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/odoo/odoo/master/odoo.py | python

Have you tried that from your command-line? This also automagically downloads required dependencies.

In the folder odoo you would then execute

python odoo.py

If so, what is the result?

Discard
Best Answer

Also note that the default port is 8069 - can be changed in the config. So try to connect to localhost:8069. But obviously the process has to be started first.

Discard