Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do you replace the module name with a nicer string in OpenChatter section?

By
Jeff Beidler
on 11/6/14, 5:19 PM 666 views

I added this to the bottom of my custom form, so that record create/update history would be shown:

<div class="oe_chatter">
                        <field name="message_follower_ids" widget="mail_followers" groups="base.group_user" />
                        <field name="message_ids" widget="mail_thread" />
                    </div>

However, the first entry lists "mymodule.classname created on . . ."  Yuck.  What do I do to replace the module/object name with a nicer string?

Jeff Beidler
On 11/10/14, 2:32 PM

It appears that what's shown comes from the "_description" property of the class declaration, so if you change that, you should get a nicer string.

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 11/6/14, 5:19 PM
Seen: 666 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM