Odoo Help

How do you record a bank transfer transaction in the online version of Odoo ?

By
Nicholas Hamilton
on 7/21/14, 11:02 PM 1,848 views

Can someone please explain to me how to record a transfer from one bank account to another bank account in the odoo online version, where community modules cannot be installed.

Cheers.

I cant comment on post because my reputation is too low, but thanks for the answer. Pretty simple when you put it like that. Cheers.

Nicholas Hamilton
on 7/22/14, 4:39 PM

Samba, that is why I specified the online version, because that module isnt available....

Nicholas Hamilton
on 7/22/14, 4:40 PM

Ray Carnes

--Ray Carnes--
| 9 7 9
Keyport, United States
--Ray Carnes--

Senior ERP Analyst

OpenERP 6.1, 7.0; Odoo 8.0, 9.0, 10.0 and 11.0.

Completed Odoo Functional and Technical Training.

Functional Areas:

• CRM/Sales

• Inventory

• Manufacturing

• Accounting

• Purchasing

Major Skills:

• Business Process Reengineering

• Efficiency Consulting

• User Needs and GAP Analysis;

• Functional and Technical Design;

• Prototyping and Proof of Concepts;

• Requirements Specifications;

• Agile Implementation;

• Data Migration;

• Configuration & Customization (UI and code);

• Integration - Odoo and non Odoo Applications and Services;

• Training and Knowledge Transfer;

• Go Live Support;

• Helpdesk;

• Version Upgrades and Migration.

• Accounting Expert.

I have over 20 years of experience empowering and enabling users with enterprise information systems that make a real and measurable difference in their ability to proactively manage their businesses and organizations. 

I am a skilled Communicator and I only take the serious things seriously!

Ray Carnes
On 7/21/14, 11:30 PM

Create and Post a manual Journal Entry (assuming you have your accounts properly setup):

($500 going from Westpac to Commonwealth Bank)

See https://doc.odoo.com/book/3/3_7/accounting_entries/#manual-entry-in-a-journal for documentation.

Ray Carnes
on 7/21/14, 11:33 PM
samba
On 7/22/14, 9:41 AM

You can use "account_transfer" module. It gives separate link in cash and bank transfers and also showing amount of that account. Here no need to worry about credit and debit a/c transactions. Select sorce and destination banks enter amount and proceed. 

Nicholas Hamilton
On 7/23/14, 7:40 PM

There is something seriously wrong with this forum, If I cant make comments in answers (by others) to my question. 

I see both your comments, you can't ?

Ray Carnes
on 7/23/14, 8:13 PM

I can comment directly on MY answer and directly on MY question, but NOT on anything else. For example, I would like to comment to Samba, that his answer is not relevant here because I specified odoo online service, unfortunately, there is no hyperlink to comment on his answer in the same way you have commented on this answer.

Nicholas Hamilton
on 7/23/14, 8:17 PM

I think it is because I do not have enough 'reputation', but in a thread which was initiated by me, I should be able to place comments where I like.

Nicholas Hamilton
on 7/23/14, 8:18 PM

For example Ray, I cannot comment on YOUR answer above.

Nicholas Hamilton
on 7/23/14, 8:23 PM

I understand now - yes it is a Karma related problem - keep participating and you will soon be able.

Ray Carnes
on 7/23/14, 10:44 PM

What a load of BS. Whoever wrote this logic is insane.

Nicholas Hamilton
on 7/23/14, 10:56 PM

If this approach is not for you, please respect the community and use Google+ communities instead.

Ray Carnes
on 7/23/14, 11:08 PM

Ray, look at it logically, It was my question, my thread, which you answered correctly (thankyou), what purpose does it serve in preventing me from commenting on the very thread that I was able to create in the first place....???? It doesn't make sense.

Nicholas Hamilton
on 7/23/14, 11:10 PM

Samba totally ignored the main precept in my question "where community modules cannot be installed" and I cant even put a note where it matters.....

Nicholas Hamilton
on 7/23/14, 11:13 PM

Nicholas, look at it logically. You are attacking the community. You are making personal something that isn't. It may not make sense. In fact, I agree with you. But if you have feedback about how the forums work, there is a way to send that feedback constructively. Calling things BS and people insane is not acceptable. It's also a great way to decrease the chances other members of the community will take you seriously and donate their time and energy to answer your questions.

Ray Carnes
on 7/24/14, 12:16 AM

False, I am not attacking the community, only the person that wrote the flawed logic. It would have been nice to thank you for your answer, instead I needed to figure out some convoluted way to relay the point, hence my first comment on the actual question. How would a 3rd party viewing this thread figure out that was actually intended for you?

Nicholas Hamilton
on 7/24/14, 12:21 AM

About This Community

This platform is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

Register

Odoo Training Center

Access to our E-learning platform and experience all Odoo Apps through learning videos, exercises and Quizz.

Test it now

Question tools

2 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 7/21/14, 11:02 PM
Seen: 1848 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM