This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Can someone please explain to me how to record a transfer from one bank account to another bank account in the odoo online version, where community modules cannot be installed.

Cheers.

Discard
Author

I cant comment on post because my reputation is too low, but thanks for the answer. Pretty simple when you put it like that. Cheers.

Author

Samba, that is why I specified the online version, because that module isnt available....

Best Answer

Create and Post a manual Journal Entry (assuming you have your accounts properly setup):

($500 going from Westpac to Commonwealth Bank)

Discard

See https://doc.odoo.com/book/3/3_7/accounting_entries/#manual-entry-in-a-journal for documentation.

Best Answer

You can use "account_transfer" module. It gives separate link in cash and bank transfers and also showing amount of that account. Here no need to worry about credit and debit a/c transactions. Select sorce and destination banks enter amount and proceed. 

Discard
Author Best Answer

There is something seriously wrong with this forum, If I cant make comments in answers (by others) to my question. 

Discard

I see both your comments, you can't ?

Author

I can comment directly on MY answer and directly on MY question, but NOT on anything else. For example, I would like to comment to Samba, that his answer is not relevant here because I specified odoo online service, unfortunately, there is no hyperlink to comment on his answer in the same way you have commented on this answer.

Author

I think it is because I do not have enough 'reputation', but in a thread which was initiated by me, I should be able to place comments where I like.

Author

For example Ray, I cannot comment on YOUR answer above.

I understand now - yes it is a Karma related problem - keep participating and you will soon be able.

Author

What a load of BS. Whoever wrote this logic is insane.

If this approach is not for you, please respect the community and use Google+ communities instead.

Author

Ray, look at it logically, It was my question, my thread, which you answered correctly (thankyou), what purpose does it serve in preventing me from commenting on the very thread that I was able to create in the first place....???? It doesn't make sense.

Author

Samba totally ignored the main precept in my question "where community modules cannot be installed" and I cant even put a note where it matters.....

Nicholas, look at it logically. You are attacking the community. You are making personal something that isn't. It may not make sense. In fact, I agree with you. But if you have feedback about how the forums work, there is a way to send that feedback constructively. Calling things BS and people insane is not acceptable. It's also a great way to decrease the chances other members of the community will take you seriously and donate their time and energy to answer your questions.

Author

False, I am not attacking the community, only the person that wrote the flawed logic. It would have been nice to thank you for your answer, instead I needed to figure out some convoluted way to relay the point, hence my first comment on the actual question. How would a 3rd party viewing this thread figure out that was actually intended for you?