Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do you reconcile balances against bank statement at the end of the month or period?

By
Nicholas Hamilton
on 8/6/14, 8:39 PM 611 views

In older versions of OpenERP, it was very easy to reconcile end of period against bank statements. How is it done in the present version, to ensure the opening and closing balances match, and there are no missing records (either invoices or journal entries)?

Thanks atchuthan, but I dont think that is an answer to my question, what I am talking about, is checking the records on odoo vs what is reported by the bank. Perhaps an employee hasn't lodged some receipts for expenses or something of that nature.

Nicholas Hamilton
on 8/8/14, 6:58 AM

Once again, I cant comment at the right spot....

Nicholas Hamilton
on 8/8/14, 6:59 AM

Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc

--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
| 5 3 8
Puducherry, India
--Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc--
Passionate coder in Python/Odoo(formerly known as OpenERP).

Contact me via GMail: atchuthantu@gmail.com via Skype: atchuthan_skype
via Linkedin: http://in.linkedin.com/in/atchuthantu
Atchuthan - Technical Consultant, Sodexis Inc
On 8/7/14, 1:52 AM

For the end of month, you can probably use the date_stop of duration @ Period.  Because all the accounting consequence, use period and fiscal year.  

In period, we have date_start and date_stop available in it.

Accounting/Configuration/Periods/Periods

Thanks atchuthan, but I dont think that is an answer to my question, what I am talking about, is checking the records on odoo vs what is reported by the bank. Perhaps an employee hasn't lodged some receipts for expenses or something of that nature.

Nicholas Hamilton
on 8/31/14, 3:03 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 8/6/14, 8:39 PM
Seen: 611 times
Last updated: 3/16/15, 8:10 AM