Odoo Help

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do you import Quanity on Hand in Odoo 8?

Jeff Beidler
on 9/26/14, 6:59 PM 2,462 views

Apparently, the inventory import is significantly different in V8 from what it was like in V7.  What I had done in V7 no longer works.  Any clues as to the proper method?

Quantity on hand is now based on Quants, which is a table that didn't exist before v8. Those would probably have to be generated to migrate a v7 database. No idea how to do that unfortunately.

Brett Lehrer
on 9/26/14, 7:47 PM
Fekete Mihai
On 9/26/14, 11:09 PM

The easiest way is to input Inventories per stock location, which will create the stock moves, and at validation the stock.quant to have Qty on hand.

I am trying to import by location, but nothing seems to work. I have created an inventory record/reference, and put the reference in my import, but after importing, the QoH still shows as 0.00 for all products.

Jeff Beidler
on 9/29/14, 11:48 AM

I think you're on the right track with stock moves. I am able to import quantities in various locations through the Stock Moves screen. However, there doesn't appear to be any way to confirm (set status to "Done") all of the imported records at once. You end up with one stock move record per item/location you import. I could go through each record manually, clicking the "Process Entirely" button, but there *must* be a better way!

Jeff Beidler
on 9/30/14, 5:23 PM

Oh, forgot to add that I was using a value of "Virtual Locations / Procurements" for the Source Location field, in order to get an initial QoH.

Jeff Beidler
on 9/30/14, 5:25 PM

Unfortunately, the imported QoH number is not shown in the Product page. It does appear if you go to a location and click the "Current Stock" button.

Jeff Beidler
on 10/2/14, 5:05 PM

Are youre products set as 'product' and with 'make_to_stock' route?

Fekete Mihai
on 10/2/14, 8:21 PM

Looks like all products have "product" in the "type" field, and either "Buy" or "Manufacture" in the route field. I think that's how I imported them. We discovered yesterday that if you import to the default location of "WH/Stock", then the QoH will be reflected on the Products page. However, we need to have multiple stock locations, an have the QoH show the sum on the products page.

Jeff Beidler
on 10/3/14, 11:44 AM

Perhaps I imported "routes" incorrectly? In OpenERP 7, there was a "procure_method" field, which we had populated with either "Buy" or "Manufacture". I didn't see this in Odoo 8, but it looked like the "routes" field had those two options, so that's what I used.

Jeff Beidler
on 10/3/14, 11:55 AM

Then you can put all this locations as childs of stock or change the code of qty avail to take all internal locations into consideration...

Fekete Mihai
on 10/3/14, 11:59 AM

I just had that lightbulb moment. Going to try re-structuring my locations now. Thanks! :)

Jeff Beidler
on 10/3/14, 12:02 PM

Is it not possible to set a stock location for a warehouse in v8? This is kind of getting away from the original question, so I started a new one: https://www.odoo.com/forum/help-1/question/how-do-you-specify-the-stock-location-for-a-warehouse-in-odoo-8-64486

Jeff Beidler
on 10/3/14, 1:55 PM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

3 follower(s)

Asked: 9/26/14, 6:59 PM
Seen: 2462 times
Last updated: 6/30/16, 4:53 AM