This question has been flagged
1 Reply

OpenERP Version: 7.0-20130828-231133

I tried to install product_variant_multi version 7.0.1.0.

On install I got the following error:

ValidateError - Error occurred while validating the field(s) arch: Invalid XML for View Architecture!

I would like to still use the module, but I'm not sure how to fix this error. I thought I'd be able to uninstall and try reinstalling, but the module is not listed in the installed modules section. When I click on the module after searching for it, there is no longer an install or uninstall option.

The only thing I have found is that under Apply Scheduled Upgrade, the module is listed as a Module to Update. When I click on Update however I get the exact same error.

Not sure how to resolve this issue.

Discard

Where did you get that module? It's an extra addon but may be you downloaded the module for v6.1

Author

It came up on the Modules page when I searched "variant". I would think only v7 modules would show up, but perhaps I'm wrong? Either way, I can't seem to get rid of it or fix it.

Best Answer

Hi, you should fix the xml error as it will not be that much difficult. Only solution to solve your problem if you want to use that module.

Discard
Author

Thanks Riyaj, but couple of questions regarding that: 1) The module was installed from within OpenERP, where would I find the xml? 2) From that error message, how would I find out which xml file or where the error is exactly?