Odoo Help

Welcome!

This community is for beginners and experts willing to share their Odoo knowledge. It's not a forum to discuss ideas, but a knowledge base of questions and their answers.

How do you fellow developers handles your versioning/testing of Odoo modules ?

By
PY
on 2/24/16, 8:53 AM 373 views

I never versioned anything before, so, I was wondering how do people use it with Odoo. What is their dev process, production asides.

Do you have a local Odoo server (with which you test things), with one giant modules folder. Then when you are happy with your changes, you push this folder to a repository (public/private, git/whatever) ?

Or your process is different ?

(This might be off-topic, but, eh, I don't know where to ask it so...)

Gopakumar N G

--Gopakumar N G--
| 5 3 7
Cochin, India
--Gopakumar N G--

Senior Software Engineer at BroadTech IT Solutions Pvt. Ltd.

Gopakumar N G
On 2/25/16, 12:53 AM

Git or SVN can be used for version control pf your project.

Generally we will make the changes in the local machine and once it is found working properly, it is pushed to the production server.

To make any change or create new functionality you can create a new module(folder) in the addons folder of your odoo server, after completing the coding and testing you can push this new module to the production or test server.

Usefull answer so far, thanks. So, I believe you make a new commit of your entire custom addons folder (the one on your local/test machine), once some major and working changes have been pushed to the production server. Am I right ?

PY
on 2/25/16, 3:07 AM

yes

Gopakumar N G
on 2/29/16, 2:40 AM

Your Answer

Please try to give a substantial answer. If you wanted to comment on the question or answer, just use the commenting tool. Please remember that you can always revise your answers - no need to answer the same question twice. Also, please don't forget to vote - it really helps to select the best questions and answers!

About This Community

This community is for professionals and enthusiasts of our products and services. Read Guidelines

Question tools

1 follower(s)

Stats

Asked: 2/24/16, 8:53 AM
Seen: 373 times
Last updated: 2/29/16, 3:06 AM