This question has been flagged
3 Replies

Hi I created an PO - supplier has responded with a Proforma, which has an additional line and different prices

I've tried to edit the PO - but no luck I've can add items to the Incoming shipment, but this doesn't update the PO or Invoice. I can edit the draft invoice, but this doesn't update the PO or the Incoming shipment.

Does anyone know of a workable solution?

Invoice Settings...

image description

Cheers

Discard

If you are editing the incoming shipment you do not need the PO to be updated just add an open field in the additional info like comments and mention there that you have received more quantity or you have to go and cancel the PO and make another PO but the first option is more feasible i guess

Author

Mmmm! I will have a play on my test data base and comment back!

Agree, we can not edit confired PO.

Author Best Answer

Many thanks for the guidance

My solution

1. Create and confirmed the PO

2. A 'Warehouse > Incoming shipment' is created

3. Supplier sends a order confirmation different to yours (Assuming you agree)
  4. You add additional line items to the 'Warehouse > Incoming shipment' (this does not add them to the PO)
  5. You receive the items
  6. You convert the 'Warehouse > Incoming shipment' to an invoice

Its obvious now!

Discard
Best Answer

I guess you should not validate the PO before having received the answer of your customer. Since the PO is not validated, you can modify it easily.

Discard
Author

Thanks.......Yes possibly but it would be a RFQ then would it not?

Best Answer

If you need to update all three documents, then:

1. delete related incoming shipment;
  2. cancel, set to draft and then edit purchase order;
  3. confirm purchase order.

If you don't need to change purchase order, then edit invoice and incoming shipment separately.

Discard

Real business life is there! At least 5 additionnal operations or clicks to solve this common situation. Being able to edit the original PO in order to match the suppliers' answer (if it is so decided) seems to be drastically more efficient.

Author

Thanks Janis, but I'm afraid Im with Ad here, its not efficient and I'll end up with a different PO number and loose the history!